4.10.2007

Has Anyone Seen "Sherrybaby" ?

Just saw "Sherrybaby" and I'm very impressed with the cast and the director's vision. I've seen films like this before ("Valerie Flake", "Spitfire Grill", etc) but when it's doen well, i don't mind seeing another take on the story of redemption. But it's more than just redemption. It's also a story about genuinely wanting something from life and having to deal with not getting it the way you want it and when you think you need it. But enough about me...what do you think?

3 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

I haven't seen Sherrybaby.

Is this it?

I do love Maggie Gyllenhaal, though, ever since Secretary.

Also, it's hilarious that the plot keywords for Sherrybaby listed in the IMDB are: Prayer / Sex Standing Up / Hair Dye / Restroom / Support Group.

Edgar L. Davis said...

Littlebird Blue, Good to hear from you. I love Maggie, too. she's also in a film called, Lovely and Amazing (I reccommend it wholeheartily) that is so different from sherry Baby and Secretary.
I think the plot keywords are hilarious too. Why anyone would be looking for "restrooms" as a plotline, I don't...but then again I'm not a screenwriter.

Edgar L. Davis said...

Secretary is good film becuase it challenged me to think about what constitiues love, sex and committment.
Can a relationship that begins as as fetish become something more?
Who was in charge (on top) and when?